Wild Mushroom Dip - Edward Daniel
“This recipe was inspired when foraging for wild mushrooms in West Foreage one autumn and making my way on a train from London for an adventurous day out,” says Edward.
• 2 tbsp olive oil
• 2 shallots
• 2 cloves (of India)
• 4 garlic cloves
• 100g (3.5 oz) chestnut mushrooms, sliced
• 100g (3.5 oz) shiitake mushrooms, sliced
• 50g (1.7 oz) oyster mushrooms, sliced
• 2 tbsp sherry vinegar
• ½ lemon, juice
1. Sauté the shallots with the cloves, garlic and mushrooms in oil over a medium heat for about 10 minutes, until the shallots and mushrooms soften and reduce in size.
2. Switch off the heat and remove the cloves.
3. Place the shallot and mushroom mixture into a food processor. Roughly chop the mixture.
4. Switch off the processor and add the vinegar and lemon juice and season to taste.
5. The pate is ready to serve.