- 200g Digestive style biscuits
- 75g Dairy Free Butter
- 150g (1 cup) raw cashews – soaked
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 200g Silken Tofu
- 1 Sachet vegan Strawberry jelly made up with ¼ to ½ of the water required on the pack
- 50 ml (1 scant ¼ cup) soya cream
- Sachet red quick setting jelly to top Fresh strawberries (optional)
- Crush the digestives into crumbs – you can blitz in a food processer or place in a sandwich bag and crush with a rolling pin.
- Melt the butter in a pan and stir in the biscuit crumb.
- Pack the mixture into a loose bottom tin and chill in the refrigerator
- Blend the cashews and lemon juice into a cream
- Add the silken tofu and continue to blend. Turn off the blender and the leave the mixture in.
- Make up the jelly with a reduced amount boiling water in a pan – if the jelly makes 1 pint use 100-200ml water and 50ml soya cream
- Then turn the blender back on and add the hot liquid immediately before it begins to set.
- Spread onto the base and chill overnight
- OPTIONAL – if Using the quick jelly to serve on top, make up with water as per the pack instructions and top the cheesecake 1 hour before serving and place back in the fridge
- Place the cheesecake in the freezer for 15-20 mins before turning out of the tin.
- Top with fresh strawberries and serve.
Top Tip: You can make individual cheesecakes by placing into poaching rings on a baking tray. You will need 6 – 8 rings.