Oumph!’s chefs Fredrik Kämpenberg and Peter Segerblom will be cooking alongside a number of guest chefs, showcasing the versatility of Oumph! which makes it suitable for home cooking as well as for food service.
Guest chefs include a number of popular vegan bloggers, social media influencers, as well as TV chef and School of Wok founder Jeremy Pang, Thai chef Pui from Busaba restaurants and Sam Platt, Cookery School manager at The Vegetarian Society. See the full show guide here.
“We are pleased to have so many excellent guest chefs joining Oumph!’s own chefs on the Oumph! show kitchen stage at Vegan Life Live”, says Henrik Åkerman, Marketing Director at Oumph! and Food for Progress. “We are looking forward to sharing really tasty and inspiring dishes with the audience, as part of driving the green protein shift forward”.
Vegan Life Live director Julie Saunders comments:
“It is such an exciting time for veganism as more and more people see the many benefits of a plant-based diet. We’re thrilled to be working with Oumph! at Vegan Life Live; they are paving the way and showing how easy plant based living can be.”
Vegan Life Live is one of the largest lifestyle shows of its kind in the UK. The show is a celebration of vegan food, fashion and eco living. Around 17,000 people are expected to visit the show this year.
Get your ticket to Vegan Life Live here. Meet the Oumph! team and sample products at Stand G11, and check out the chefs cooking up a storm in the adjacent Oumph! show kitchen.
Oumph! products in the UK
The following Oumph! varieties are currently available in the UK
- Pulled Oumph! – Oumph! chunks in a flavourful BBQ sauce – delicious in tacos or burgers.
- Oumph! Kebab Spiced – Oumph! strips seasoned with a classic kebab spice mix – just add fresh vegetables and sauces to create your own plant-based kebab.
- Oumph! The Chunk – This is unseasoned for those who like to add their own herbs, spices and creativity to a dish. The Chunk contains only soya beans, water and a little salt.
- Oumph! Thyme & Garlic – Oumph! chunks seasoned with garlic and thyme.
- Oumph! Salty & Smoky – With its salty, smoky and slightly sweet taste Oumph! Salty & Smoky is a perfect partner for brunch, served with American pancakes, or in a bagel. Try it with a full English breakfast, or in an Oumph! ‘O.L.T.’
- Oumph! Pizza – plant-based pizzas topped with Oumph! and vegetables, herbs, organic spices and vegan cheese. The pizza base is hand-stretched and baked in a wood-fired brick oven.Oumph! is sold frozen and can currently be found in Tesco, Whole Foods Market, As Nature Intended, online via Alternative Store, and a number of independent stores across the UK.
Oumph! is a favourite in Sweden and the Nordic countries. Oumph! is made from soya beans and organic herb and spice mixes. It’s plant-based and free from gluten and dairy.
Oumph! is versatile and easy to cook, which makes it suitable for home cooks as well as food services. It’s suitable to grill, boil, sauté, deep-fry or heat over an open fire.
In addition, Oumph! is high in protein and fibre and a source of iron and folic acid, as well has having a low climate impact.
Since its launch in Sweden and the Nordic countries in 2015 Oumph! has become a favourite with a wide audience, including families, millennials, foodies, chefs and fast-food loving flexitarians and vegans.
Recent awards for Oumph!
- Oumph! Kebab Spiced – awarded ‘Best Food Product of the Year’, Food Matters Live 2018.
- Oumph! The Chunk – awarded Gold ‘Food For Food Service’, FreeFrom Eating Out Awards 2018.
- Oumph! Kebab Spiced – awarded Best Vegan Meat 2018 by PETA UK.
- Pulled Oumph! – awarded Bronze in ‘Ready Meals’ category, FreeFrom Food Awards 2018.
- Oumph! The Chunk – awarded Silver in the ‘Food Innovation’ category, FreeFrom Food Awards 2018.
About Food for Progress
Oumph! is a part of Food for Progress. Food for Progress is a Swedish food company that joins forces to produce tasty, nutritious and climate-friendly food that everyone on the planet can eat. Forever.
Useful Oumph! links