Just Wholefoods introduces its new vegan Organic Sunflower Mince – now you can make your chilli non carne!
100% plant power
Information for Press – January 2018
Just Wholefoods, the award-winning food producer, announces its newest product, Organic Sunflower Mince, adding to its range of vegan store-cupboard essentials.
Made solely from sunflower seeds, it boasts an impressive protein content above 50% and 20% of fibre per 100g and less than 60 calories per serving.
Cotswold producer Just Wholefoods, established over 29 years ago, offers inclusive, plant-based food choices, all certified vegan by the Vegetarian Society, suitable for everyone.
Preparation couldn’t be easier. Simply rehydrate the Sunflower Mince with water and use in any recipe requiring mince such as spaghetti bolognese, chilli, lasagne or stuffed peppers. Each packet makes up to four servings, so it’s an ideal choice for family dinners.
Nadia Morse, Just Wholefoods: “We are very excited about our new vegan Organic Sunflower Mince: it’s easy to prepare, packed with protein and fibre and unlike other meat alternatives, low in salt and made without soya. There is also the fact that it tastes great! It’s perfect for vegans, vegetarians, flexitarians and the veggiecurious looking for options that not only fit in with their busy lives but also deliver nutritionally.”
Easy Organic Sunflower Mince Spag Bol Sauce Recipe – Feeds 4
• 1 sachet Organic Sunflower Mince
• 1 large onion, chopped
• 1 tbsp olive oil
• 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
• 2 tins chopped tomatoes
• 1 tsp oregano
• 250ml vegetable stock
1. Soak the Organic Sunflower Mince for 10 minutes in plenty of warm water, then drain and set aside. 2. Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan and fry the onion until just soft. 3. Add the garlic followed by the Organic Sunflower Mince and fry for a few minutes until the mince is lightly browned. 4. Stir in the tomatoes, oregano and stock, and season to taste. Simmer gently for 15-20 minutes until your sauce is lovely and thick. Serve with freshly cooked spaghetti.
Organic Sunflower Mince is available online from its new ecommerce site, justwholefoods.co.uk, Planet Organic, Whole Foods Market, all major health food wholesalers and good independent shops. RRP £3.70
Notes to Editors
• Just Wholefoods was established in 1989 and is an award-winning food producer based in the Cotswolds.
• A vegetarian business at heart, Just Wholefoods makes the best inclusive, plant-based food that is not only great-tasting but also fits with a modern busy lifestyle.
• It recently created a new look for its entire range and launched a new e-commerce site justwholefoods.co.uk.
• Just Wholefoods prides itself on using only the best ingredients. Most of its products are organic so you won’t find any GM ingredients in any of its products, and thanks to recent product formulations, no palm oil either.
• Just Wholefoods is known for its organic gummy Vegebears, and Jelly Crystals which are all free from artificial flavours, colours and sweeteners. Its popular range of vegetable soups has also been refreshed.
• The entire Just Wholefoods product range is certified vegan by the Vegetarian Society. Most of the products are approved by the Soil Association and a selection of products are KLBD Kosher certified. Just Wholefoods is also SALSA certified.
• Just Wholefoods’ products are available at Ocado, Planet Organic, Whole Foods Market and all good independent health food stores.
For more information, images and samples please contact:
Nadia Morse / firstname.lastname@example.org / +44 (0)1285 651910